Established in 1987, we are consultants and contractors specialising in the conservation, restoration and transportation of large and small scale historic, structures and artefacts. We deal with a variety of materials ranging from ferrous and non- ferrous metals to glass, stone, wood and ceramics.
We undertake work on various sites in Great Britain and Europe and also at our fully equipped and secure workshops, based in Telford.
Our clients include English Heritage, Historic Scotland, the National Trust, Government Departments, local authorities, museums, galleries and private estates.
Prestigious projects include:- The Albert Memorial (both monument and railings), SS Great Britain, Gates for the Royal Parks, Stanley Park Gladstone Conservatory, Gravesend Pier, South African Railway Locomotive in Glasgow’s Riverside Museum, Antony Gormley sculpture, Doulton tile panels Royal Victorian Infirmary Newcastle, Brunel Institute wooden cladding, Birmingham Museum’s stone and marble statues, Dun Laoghaire’s bandstand and sun shelter, Oxford Natural History Museum glass roof, Cambridge University Botanical Gardens teak glasshouse and numerous bronze sculptures and war memorials.
We have over 2000 square metres of storage, workshop and studio facilities protected with a monitored alarm system.
The workshop is fully equipped for the sensitive handling and treatment of large, heavy and/or delicate objects and artifacts including:-
- Fully equipped blacksmith’s forge and power hammer
- Twin lift overhead cranes
- Mould and pattern making facilities
- Design and detailing capabilities via CAD
- Kiln for glass texturing and slumping
- Three blast rooms
- Paint spray booth
- Welding and brazing facilities, including MIG and TIG
- Engineering workshop
- Fabrication work
- Secure storage
Just some of the things that we offer are:
- Gates & Railings
- Windows & Wood
- Sculpture, Memorials & Plaques
- Parks, Gardens & Fountains
Some of the special things about us are:
- Our Conservation Philosophy
- Our Environmental Management
- Our On-Site Work, Consultancy and Training
- Our Project Experience
- Our Project Management
- Our Staff
- Our Membership of Professional Bodies
- Our Health & Safety
- Our Equality & Diversity